Electrical Energy Audit
SCOPE OF SERVICES
As per clause 5 of Govt. order No. GHU/99/31/GUE/1196/9018/K1, Dated 5th Oct. 1999 and generally covering following points.
Electricity consumption & Electricity Billing.
- Summary for the past year’s monthly electricity consumption and production data. Calculation of specific energy consumption, KWH/TON of material produced etc., and comments on the same.
- Calculation of load factor and method to reduce maximum Demand.
- Comments on average power factor and methods to improve power factor.
- Exploring possibility of better use of time of use tariff
Performance Evaluation of Major Utilities and Process Equipment:
- Electrical Distribution Networks:
- Transformers: Performance evaluation through simultaneous measurements of major electrical parameters on HT & LT side and
rationalization of transformers, if needed.
- Power Factor: Measurements of distortion & displacement power factor at various points viz., PCC, MCC, load centers etc., and analysis of the same for optimizing the network losses.
- Metering & Monitoring Status: Review of existing meters for adequate monitoring requirements.
- Electrical Equipment:
- Electrical measurements of all major electrical parameters viz., voltage, current, power factor, KW, frequency etc., of important equipment (motors, furnaces, electrolysis, lighting, etc.), with significant energy consumption. Loads susceptible to generation of harmonics shall be checked for present harmonic level. System unbalance with respect to voltage and current shall be checked.
- CPP & DG sets:
- Review of performance including major auxiliaries and suggestions for optimization.
- Pumps & Blowers:
- Measurement of Head/Pressure, Flow, Power and determination of pump/blower efficiencies based on measured parameters and critical study of piping/ducting / valves / dampers pressure losses, system layout etc.
- Air Compressors:
- Determination of compressor capacities, specific power consumption, KW/CFM, leakage detection and quantification, pressure losses in auxiliary equipment/piping, identify points using unnecessary high pressure and identify application with wasteful use.
- Refrigeration and air conditioning system:
- Determination of refrigeration system cooling capacity through measured operating parameters, viz., flow, inlet/outlet temperatures of cooling media, specific power consumption, KE/TR, review temperatures maintained, explore possibility of thermal storage to take advantage of Time of Use Tariff, critical examination of coils, filters, AHU, ducts etc.
- Cooling towers:
- Evaluation of cooling tower performance by measurements of cooling water flow, inlet/outlet temperatures and ambient air DB/WBT, air flow, fan power, etc. correlation of cooling tower performance with due consideration of cooling water system as a whole.
- Determination of specific power consumption, KWH/TON based on measurements, work out heat balance to identify major factors contributing to energy loss. Explore possibility of alternate mode of heating.
- Determinations of specific power consumption, estimation of heat losses from hot water bath and hot air dryers etc.
- Process Equipment like extruder, grinder, mixer etc.:
- Determination of specific power consumption for every major process step through measurements and review of data with process
- Measurements of light intensity and all major electrical parameters viz., voltage, current, PF, KW. Study of type of lamps and chokes used, day and night time lighting etc.
Preparation of report based on analysis of above data:
- The report shall provide existing Energy Profile of the unit with percentage share of major equipment/processes,Utility etc., so that it becomes a basic document for future monitoring.
- Details of measures to be taken to improve Energy Efficiency and reduce losses for all the above areas. Estimation of energy and monitoring savings, investment requirement and simple payback periods. The measures shall also be categorized into operational changes, minor modifications and retrofits (negligible & moderate investment) and use of more efficient equipment/process (major investment). The investment proposals shall be backed up with quotations received from vendors or vendor’s addresses.
- The auditor may also consider the substitution of electricity use by any other Techno-commercially viable form of energy.
- Attempt shall also be made to carry out the measurements of various parameters to the extent possible. In the event of inability of measurements due to some constraints, reasonable estimation can be made. Reasons for estimation shall be justified.
METHODOLOGY & TIME SCHEDULE
- Number of visits will be made for study of plant operations, collecting necessary data and making measurements on important equipment.
- On completion of the study visits, a note incorporating all measurements taken and the approach adopted by us will be submitted to you.
- Analysis of the collected data and report preparation will be done in our Baroda office. After completion of this, three copies of the final report will be submitted to you.
- We will make a 1-day visit for discussions and provide any additional information or clarifications, after perusal of the report by concerned personnel at your end.